Punjab Resident Dies Inside Vehicle In Sopore Apparently Due To Asphyxiation, Another Hospitalized
Srinagar, Nov 29 (GNS): A non-local person died and another was hospitalised apparently due to ‘asphyxiation caused by gas leak’ in Sopore in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district this morning, officials said.
They told GNS that two persons were found lying in an unconscious condition in a vehicle (PB0A6AU 2925) at Fruit Mandi Sopore. The duo, they said, was immediately evacuated to SDH Sopore, where the doctors declared one of them as brought dead on arrival.
The official identified the deceased as Ashwani Kumar, a resident and another under treatment person as Rakesh Kumar son of Amarnath – both residents of Gurdaspur Punjab.
Confirming it a police official told GNS that a case has been registered in this regard. “Prima facie the incident seems to be caused by asphyxiation due to gas leakage but further investigations are underway”, the official said. (GNS)